eLovejoy 2009-03-11 15:50:36
[url=http://www.hokkaido-np.co.jp/news/society/152079.html]Original Article[/url] [b]スキーの男性が立ち木に衝突死[/b] [quote]十日午前十時四十分ごろ、後志管内倶知安町花園のニセコ・グランヒラフスキー場西側のコース外の林で、スキーをしていた東京都渋谷区初台、無職中田克人さん(68)が立ち木に衝突、首の骨を折って間もなく死亡した。 倶知安署によると、中田さんは妻と友人三人とスキー旅行に来ていた。五人の先頭を滑走中、立ち木の枝(直径約二十センチ)にあごから衝突。衝撃で両足が跳ね上がり、スキー板が枝に絡まり逆さづりになったという。 [/quote] [b]Man hits tree and dies[/b] On Tuesday March 10th at around 10:40, 68-year-old Nakata Katsuhito of Tokyo hit a tree full-on while skiing off-piste in Hanazono (Grand-Hirafu). He neck was broken and he died shortly therafter. According to the Kutchan police, Mr. Nakata had come to Niseko with his wife and 3 friends for a ski holiday. While skiing at the front of the group, his chin directly impacted with a tree branch. It is said that the force of the impact lifted him off his feet and his skis were entangled upside down in tthe branches.
digglar (2009-03-13 00:10:17)
I actually met this guy on the Annupuri Gondola the day before- wanted to speak english, happy to oblige, Had a name tag with his SAJ membership and I remember the name.Nice enough guy.Fit looking for his age.

Sorry to say, but we all have to go- and if I clock out at age 68 because I was hooning around the mountain so fast that when I hit a branch it flipped me round and launched me into a tree...

well I can live with that.

Peace be with you, Kasuhito.
COMMENT